It would be quite tough to clean the window air conditioner especially if you have no idea what to do!
If you are wondering how to clean a window air conditioner without removing it then you are in the right place!
If you are a beginner, it would be interesting to know this! Read on for more information!
Cleaning Window Air Conditioner Without Removing It
You might have noticed that your window air conditioner is not performing the way it should. Well, there could be dirt trapped inside causing all the trouble! It could be making noise or maybe increasing your energy bills as you might have to pay a little more than usual as your window air conditioner is putting in the extra effort. But, it’s a must after all summer is here!
Consider the following points:
Things You’ll Need
You would need items like a spray bottle, dry towel, a toothbrush, hydrogen peroxide, water, and so soap!
The Cleaning Procedure
In order to clean the window air conditioner, you have to:
- If you are trying to keep it clean on a daily basis, you can fill up a spray bottle with hydrogen peroxide.
- Be careful when using this product and follow the relevant instructions on using it. Let the air conditioner dry overnight and use it the next day!
- Now, if you plan on cleaning it on a monthly basis, you have to do a little deep cleaning than usual. You have to switch off the unit by disconnecting it from power.
- Remove the front panel, access the filter, keep screws in a safe place. Make sure you have your instruction manual close by or watch an online tutorial on the model of your window air conditioner for this purpose.
- It would be suitable to use the vacuum if there is too much dirt. You can clean the filter with warm soapy water. Make sure you dry the filter properly before placing it back!
- Get the right filter for your air conditioner. It would be best to replace it every 3 months.
It is not recommended that you do a seasonal cleaning! Usually, during the winter season, you might forget about the window air conditioner altogether. However, it would be best to clean it or get the service done during the winter too! Plus, your focus should be cleaning the window air conditioner on a regular basis.
It is important for you to remember that everything in life requires maintenance and hence, it would be great if you are applying this principle to the air conditioners as well!
For seasonal cleaning, it would be best if you can hire a professional service provider. However, if that’s not possible then it would be best to do a thorough deep cleaning.
- You have to remove the casing of the entire unit. Make sure you are keeping the screws and all the items safely!
- Wear gloves and clean the aluminum fins!
- Use a toothbrush to clean the debris at the fins and the coil.
- Wipe the tray and vacuum the debris by using the right hose attachment.
- When you are placing everything back, make sure everything is dry!
Wrapping It Up
It is important to maintain cleanliness whether it is your house or your window air conditioner. However, it is important to know the right way to clean items! Now that you have some knowledge, do a little more research on your model type of the window air conditioner. Make sure you are keeping it clean and in a top-notch condition.